Applicator of PTFE, Low-Friction and Functional Coatings exclusively for the Medical Industry
Need solutions quickly? SSG has perfected Functional Coating applications!
Surface Solutions Group, an ISO 13485:2016 registered company, is the world's largest coating applicator exclusively for the Medical Industry.
- We have a prototype department with 2 to 4-day turnaround for new projects.
- Our mid-volume departments provide 5 to 8-day turnaround.
- Our high-volume, electrostatic robotic production lines can turnaround production volumes in 24 hours once we are tooled up.
In all cases, our rigorous quality principles are always part of the SSG ethic. Whether your project is a startup/research or a high-volume production job, SSG has the bandwidth to apply the right functional Medical Grade coating for your project.
Optimizing Medical Device Surfaces for the Medical Industry
Only Surface Solutions Group has more than a dozen families of proven coatings, specifically developed for medical devices. Our “Designer's Dozen®” family is ever expanding as new coating developments are tested. Every medical coating in our portfolio is extensively tested to ensure safety and consistency. SSG also has developed the most accurate and innovative application technology in the world.
SSG offers all engineers and designers the “Designer’s Dozen®” of proven medical grade coatings, all tested for bio-compatibility, saline test, and more.
- FluoroMed®: a low-friction PTFE coating, in many colors, with chemistry that complies with the low/no-PFOA/PFOS international regulations. Offers biocompatibility, durability with a low Coefficient of Friction (CoF) for stainless, nitinol, SLT, cables and most metallic surfaces.
- FluoroWire®: Combines FluoroMed® PTFE chemistry for endless lengths of reel-to-reel wire and cable made of stainless steel, nitinol, SLT wire, tungsten and silver plated copper.
- VisiMark®: creates Contrasting Color-Permanently Bonded PTFE bands and markings.
- SlickSil®: a low-friction coating for rubber and silicone products such as tubes, catheters, O-rings, caps, cables, introducers and other molded silicone products.
- AquaGlide®: a near-zero friction hydrophilic coating for metals, plastics and flexible or rubber substrates. Ultra-low particle ablation technology.
- PlastiGlide®/CarbonGlide(TM): Low friction for plastic, polymer, glass filled and carbon fiber products.
- ElectroBond: Proven Electrosurgical blade and EMG needle coating technology.
- VisiBond®: Durable, color identification and electrical resistant plus 750+ Autoclave resistance
- FluoroBond® R: Low friction, flexible permanent coatings for Rubber in many colors.
- FluoroGlass®: Creating shatter-resistant, optically clear coatings on glass products
- FluoroMed® AM: Anti-microbial silver-ceramic additives to most of our coatings
- FluoroBond® N & N2: Micron thin non-stick and ultra-durable ceramic coatings
Medical Coating Capabilities for Stainless Steel, Nitinol, Titanium, Plastic, Silicone, Elastomeric, Glass, Rubber, Polyurethane, Pebax and many more
As the variety of uses for medical coatings has expanded, so too have the technologies and choices available. Surface Solutions Group creates a wide variety of functional surfaces to meet the individual needs of our customers, including elastomeric coating, plastic coating, metal coating, and everything in between. We also coat products that address specific medical needs like nonstick coating, low friction coating, chemical resistant coating, anti-microbial, hydrophilic among many others.
While continually creating innovative technology is incredibly important, your product’s safety is our first concern. Our customers trust us to apply coatings to wires and devices that enter the human body. SSG’s customers have enjoyed complete freedom from coating delamination or FDA recalls for more than 8 years and more than 58 million pieces coated.
Products and materials to which we apply medical grade coatings:
- Guidewires - flat and round coil, Snap Wire
- Mandrels, Solid Wire and Ground Taper Ends
- EMG needles, Hypotubes
- Reel-To-Reel Continuous Lengths of Wire, Cables and Tubes
- Precision and Miniature Devices
- Electrosurgical Blades & Devices
- Catheters and Polymer-Jacketed Wires
- Silicone and Rubber Parts
- Glass and Composites
- Coatings & Capabilities FAQs
Surface Solutions Group is not owned by outside Investors. Our customers are #1. We are debt-free and continually invest in our people & processes.
With over 60 years of experience in the coating industry, including more than 12 years specifically in coating medical devices. Surface Solutions Group is technically advanced compared to others in the MedTech market. One of our Fundamental Principles is to advance the medical industry by providing coating technologies that improve the function and safety of medical devices. We uphold this principle by creating coatings that allow medical devices to function at their highest capacity.
Our passion for the industry and our customers is evident through our quality management certifications, ISO 13485:2016. Our brand new state of the art facility allows us to create innovative technologies and stay ahead of the curve while also meeting our customer’s requests more efficiently than ever before. Our Success Stories are abundant because our team of engineers, chemists, technicians, and executives is incredibly dedicated to the work they do. We invest in the industry.
Get our team started on your next project! Please call us at 773-467-7527 or e-mail us at email@example.com, to speak with a technical consultant today!
7 Years of Production of PTFE Coated Devices
Zero FDA Recalls
97% On Time Delivery
Surface Solutions Group, LLC
5492 N. Northwest Highway
Chicago, IL 60630
Phone: (773) 467-7527
Fax: (773) 282-9155