PTFE Coated Wire FluoroWire™
As a specialist in applying industrial medical coatings, Surface Solutions Group has developed a high volume reel-to-reel coating line for wire. With a special in-line pretreatment, SSG applies a coating with optimal adhesion and superior coating uniformity. We can coat round wire sizes ranging from 0.002" to 0.040" in diameter, flat and rectangular wire plus coat Silver-plated Copper wire.
Having state-of-the-art automated electrostatic coating lines, we excel at high volume coating work and provide our customers with repeatability from part to part, assuring a uniform and micron-accurate coated wire or PTFE-coated wire.
Surface Solutions Group is a leader in applying PTFE on medical wire, with both non-acid and non-PFOA formulations, in a number of colors. We coat wire in discreet lengths for medical devices and also mandrels. We also coat guidewires in all stages of assembly, from the outer guidewire alone, without the taper mandrel and safety wire to a complete guide wire with the internal wires welded in place.
Medical grade wire coatings and PTFE coatings include:
- In-house tooling for precise coating of finished guidewires in lengths up to 266 cm lengths.
- Guidewire diameters of .012", to .038" in both round wire and flat wire and special sizes are coated weekly in lengths up to 635 cm.
- Tubular devices coated in both discreet lengths and continuous reel-to-reel lengths.
- Special masking and VisiMark® available on all medical guidewires.
- Radiopaque markings available.
Surface Solutions Group can make any coating anti-microbial upon request.
- FluoroWire® Info Sheet
- FluoroMed® Coating List
- VisiMark® Info Sheet
- FluoroMed® anti-microbial
- Engineering Evaluation Form