PTFE Coated Wire FluoroWire®
Surface Solutions Group is a leader in applying industrial, FDA Compliant/Biocompatible PTFE coatings on medical wire and guidewires, with both non-acid and non-PFOA formulations, in a number of colors. We coat wire in discreet lengths for various medical sector devices and equipment, including:
- Heart stents
- Vascular graft stitches
Low Friction Medical FluoroWire® Guidewire Applications
We also coat guidewires in all stages of assembly, from the outer guidewire alone, without the taper mandrel and safety wire to a complete guide wire with the internal wires welded in place.
Wound guide wire, made of corrosion resistant stainless steel and Nitinol have naturally high friction. FluoroWire® coatings are bonded to finished devices or continuous reel-to-reel lengths of wire and small diameter tubing. FluoroWire® greatly reduces intravascular friction in devices such as catheters, stents, etc.
Any type of wire can be given a low-friction surface. PFOA-free formulations are available!
Coatings Can be Applied To:
- All stainless steel alloys
- Silver plated copper wire
- Specialty wire
Key Features of FluoroWire® Medical Coatings
When you coat your medical wire and medical guidewires with Surface Solutions Group FluoroWire® you’ll realize coating features that include:
- Uniform coverage and thickness of your wires (in all configuations from: round, rectangular, square, twisted and many other shapes)
- Low-friction and non-stick coating properties
- FDA compliant
- There are a variety of color options for you to choose from when it comes to coating your wire
- Continuous wire lengths (Diameters of .002” - .040”)
- Cut-To-Length Wire, Mandrels, Coils, Assemblies (Diameters of .003” - .125” | Lengths of 2.54cm - 635cm)
- Easily coiled or fabricated
- Smooth surface once the wire is coated
- Excellent adhesion to your wire
- Radiopaque markings available
Key Benefits of Medical Guidewires Coated with FluoroWire®
PTFE coated wire and threads are used in a variety of medical applications ranging from medical labs to surgical environments and imaging use. Medical grade PTFE coated guidewires with FluoroWire® coating are prized for properties that include:
- Ease of handling
- Shape retention
- Enhanced safety
Click here to access a FluoroWire® tech sheet: FluoroWire® Tech Sheet
100 Plus Years of Combined Experience and Integrity
For all medical and precision applications, the experience and integrity of the coating applicator is of utmost importance. Surface Solutions Group, LLC is a leader in the development and application of functional coatings. Our proven techniques assure the best in quality control, consistency, reliability, and service. Our customer must test for biocompatibility and end use.